Fill each of the blank spaces in the sentences below with a suitable word or phrase. There is an example at the beginning (0).
0 ‘How much are………..the apples?’
‘Eighty pence a kilo’
- If _______________Paula at the meeting, remind her to phone me tonight.
- ‘_________________from here to the station? ‘No, it’s only a ten minute walk’
- It’s Kevin’s party at the weekend. ___________________________________to it?
- According to his instructions, we _____________ left at the next set of traffic lights.
- ______________________________harder, you won’t pass your exams in the summer.
- When she first moved to Britain from the States it took her quite a while to ___________________driving on the left.
- We’d better leave now because it _______________ at least half an hour to get there.
- I’m sorry. I _____________________________ you weren’t allowed to smoke in here.
- ‘I’m at least a kilo overweight.’ ‘Then you_____ __________go on a diet’
- ‘How long ___________________________ short hair?’ ‘Since I joined the army’
- ‘Are you Swedish?’ ‘No, _____________Norway.’
- What__________________if you won £1 million?
- That’s a nice car. It __________her a lot of money.
- It might rain later on , so ________________an umbrella with you
- You ___________________________smoke in here. It’s not allowed.