Complete the sentences below with a suitable adjective plus a preposition. Choose from the following. Some of the prepositions will be used more than once.
absent fond jealous satisfied absorbed friendly keen serious cruel good proud short eligible grateful responsible similar famous ill rich terrified
about from of to at in on with for
- Both my dogs are very__________________ice cream.
- I’ve been ___________________a cold for over a week.
- For the last time who is _________________this mess?
- You’re not ________________leaving this country and going to live in China, are you?
- I’ve always been ____________________ water since I nearly drowned as a child.
- Mark’s been __________school for over a month. He’ll have a lot of catching up to do when he comes back.
- I’m afraid only single people under the age of thirty are ___________________membership of this club
- Julie’s my oldest friend. We’ve been _________one another since we were at Primary school
- Our daughter has just won a scholarship to Cambridge. We are very ________________her.
- Australia is __________________natural resources
- Could I phone you later, Alan? I’m a bit _________ time right now.
- He was so ______________________what he was doing that he didn’t notice me come into the room.
- Switzerland is ________its beautiful scenery.
- My cousin is very ______________music and can play four or five instruments
- I like ballet but I’m not very _________opera
- There’s no pleasing our teacher. He’s never ______ our work!
- She is ________in character ________her sister
- We are __________________________ you for all you’ve done for us
- Michael was_________ his brother’s success.
- Small children are often _______________ animals without realizing it.