Complete the sentences below with a suitable verb plus a preposition. Choose from the following and make any necessary changes. Some of the prepositions will be used more than once.
apologize compliment protect succeed arrive feel sorry rely suffer
believe insure remind think care lose share charge translate prefer smell write
about by in on against for into to
among from of with at
- You should always ______your home________fire.
- ‘Does Peter ________you_______Michael Jackson?’ ‘No, he doesn’t look anything like him.’
- If I were you Julie I’d ________ very carefully _______ his offer. I don’t think you’ll get a better one.
- She made the children _______________their bad behaviour at the party.
- The man was arrested and ____________ murder.
- Don’t forget to wear a scarf. It will _____ you____the cold.
- After three attempts she finally _______________ breaking the world record.
- Hamlet was ___________________Shakespeare.
- ‘Does Mark really _______________flying saucers?’ ‘Oh yes, he’s quite convinced they exist’
- The mother told the group of children to _________ the sweets _____________ themselves.
- She felt really pleased when her teacher __________ her __________ her homework.
- It was largely my fault that we ___________ tennis. I played so badly.
- We left Heathrow airport at 16.45 and ___________ Copenhagen at 19.30.
- Although she had only painted the kitchen, the whole flat ________________________paint.
- My sister _____________hay fever every summer.
- I really _____________________ people who are tone deaf. It must be awful not to be able to sing
- ‘Would you ______________________ another piece of cake, Frank?’ ‘No thanks, Jill. I really couldn’t eat another thing.’
- Most young people _____ pop music ______ classical music.
- Ask Mike to do it. You can ________________him. He never lets you down.
- This book has been _______________________ five languages, including Russian